What are the most common house design mistakes made by self builders, and how can you avoid them? Download our free guide to find out.
Coming up with ideas for your dream home is the most exciting part of any self build project, as it allows your imagination to run wild and all of the little design cues you’ve mentally stored over the years to come to fruition. But before you go all Grand Designs, you should be aware of the most common house design mistakes made by self builders, so that you don’t fall into the same trap.
Our free guide takes you through these flaws of modern house design, and gives you credible and imaginative alternatives. Covering all elements of the process, including floor layout, room design, landscaping and materials, this free download is a must-read for anyone who wants to design their own property.
Topics covered include:
- Why it’s important to understand and take into account room sizes
- Why you should make sure the layout works for you before doing anything else
- Why you shouldn’t waste time, space and money on rooms you’ll never use
- Why the orientation of your home is much more important than you realise
- Why you need to design a home for your future and not just for right now
- Why it’s easy to overdo the open plan concept you see on so many TV programmes
- Why getting your kitchen layout wrong can mean a lot of headaches
- Why a reasoned approach to your garden layout is critical
- Why you might not need the opulent bathroom you see in your head
- Why convention should not always stand in the way of unusual design
It’s easy to become caught up in the excitement when creating your dream home, so avoid these 10 house design mistakes and enjoy the ride!